Academic Policy 1440.15
By September 1 of each year, vice provosts, and deans, will submit to the provost a succinct and focused annual report (four pages max) of significant achievements and changes in their units for the previous academic year. These reports will constitute a major source of information regarding institutional achievement and effectiveness throughout departments, offices and units, divisions, colleges, and schools. The report must be submitted in both paper and electronic file formats.
As a basis for these reports, each unit represented on the organizational chart will submit a report to the dean, director, or vice provost who provides oversight to the unit. (Individual vice provosts, deans, and directors may ask additional units in their areas also to prepare reports.) From these reports, the vice provost, dean or director will prepare the annual report for the school, college, or division.
- Reports by deans of schools and colleges should typically include all the following
- Significant achievements and changes of college or school and programs/departments, including progress related to strategic plans and university priorities such as the initiatives to support teaching and research, and results of college or school assessment of student learning.
- Achievements in teaching, research, and public service, especially those of national, regional, or statewide significance.
- Achievements of students and alumni or former students, especially those of national, regional, or statewide significance.
- The numbers of grants, dollars, publications, student growth, new faculty, new administrators,
- Reports by vice provosts (Enrollment Management, Global Campus, Research and Sponsored
Programs) should typically include all the following elements:
- Significant achievements and changes in unit(s), including progress related to strategic plans and university priorities.
- Achievements of national, regional, or statewide significance.
- The numbers of grants, dollars, publications, student growth, new faculty, new administrators, and awards/honors (as appropriate for your unit).
In addition to the reports (four pages max) above, provide the following:
- Attach a complete (unnumbered) bibliographic listing, alphabetized by the first UA
author, of scholarly and creative works by faculty members during the previous calendar
year. The listing should include items that have been published or presented. It should
not include items that are pending or have been submitted. For books (I), include
title, author, publisher, place of publication, date. For the following other categories,
include the typical and appropriate bibliographic data: chapters (II), refereed articles
(III), unrefereed publications and proceedings (IV), invited lectures (V), other lectures,
papers, and oral presentations (VI), and other creative endeavors such as recitals,
concerts, shows, performances, and comparable activities (VII). Also submit the bibliographic
listing to the Vice Provost for Research and Economic Development in electronic format,
Excel file preferred (Word acceptable).
- Attach a listing of prestigious faculty holding endowed and named chairs, professorships,
distinguished professorships, and lectureships.
- Attach a listing of college or school awards to faculty for teaching, advising, research
and creative activity, and public service.