The provost and vice chancellor for academic affairs at the University of Arkansas works to continue to strengthen the university's excellence in instruction; research; outreach and public service; and student affairs; and is responsible for academic planning and budgeting, faculty development and promotion, and academic initiatives.
To carry out these responsibilities, the provost works with the deans of the colleges, schools and library, the vice provosts and the other members of the provost's staff. Other areas that report to the provost include Air Force ROTC and Army ROTC and Enrollment Management.
The University of Arkansas, founded in 1871, is the state's land-grant and flagship institution, offering undergraduate and graduate degrees in a wide variety of disciplines.
Sharon L. Gaber serves as Provost and Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs.
Provost Updates / Action Items:
- Quality Initiative Proposal (Draft)
- UA Participating in COACHE Survey
- List of New Faculty Lines by Year
- PRELIMINARY University of Arkansas Academic Infrastructure Investment Plan
- University Perspectives Instructor Application
- Advancement for Associate Professors
- University of Arkansas: Becoming a Top 50 University
- Faculty Modified Work Assignment for Maternity and Paternity
- Non-Classified Staff Modified Work Assignment for Maternity and Paternity
- Archived Reports and Items
Provost and Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs