Digital Communications Council
Member Representation approved by the Chancellor
The Digital Communications Council (DCC) and its committees represent the governance structure for the technical aspects and user experience related to digital communications at the University of Arkansas. The DCC is a framework for establishing accountability, roles, and decision-making authority for an organization's digital presence including websites, mobile applications, social channels, and any other Internet or Web-enabled products and services.
The primary purpose of the Digital Communications Council is long-range planning and priority setting for web-based digital communication channels. Members review, recommend and monitor digital communication strategies, policies, processes, and services on the campus to ensure that everyone who interacts with the University of Arkansas digital presence has a useful, efficient experience that reflects well on the university as a top-tier public research institution.
Any campus compliance issues that cannot be resolved by the DCC will be reviewed by the Assistant Vice Chancellor for University Relations and/or the Chief Information Officer as appropriate; and, when required, the respective Dean or Vice Chancellor in order to determine the actions required to reach final resolution.
- Represent the university community with inclusive area membership.
- Review and assess university digital assets to ensure alignment with university best practices and policies.
- Review digital related policy issues.
- Review digital policy requests from the university community.
- Recommend digital related policies to the administration for approval.
- Review and make recommendations regarding requests for exceptions to existing digital related policies.
- Serve as a communication hub for disseminating digital related policy decisions, promoting guidance and direction including facilitating education and training.
- Reinforce all campus web and digital communication policies, including but not limited to: accessibility, protected data and web security.
- Web Advisory Group
- Content Governance Sub-Committee
- Technology Governance Sub-Committee
- UI and User Experience Governance Sub-Committee
- Training and Support Governance Sub-Committee
DCC sets up or changes topical committees as needed.
Membership is comprised of the webmasters with the highest level of responsibility and authority in any one College or Division, plus representatives from OEOC and UITS and appointed students from ASG and GSC. The group meets monthly, and is open for anyone to attend. The chair person is the director of digital design and development in University Relations. Suggestions for membership additions can be made at any meeting, or by email to the chair. The Council will vote on the suggested addition(s) and then submit the results to the Chancellor for approval.
Colleges and Schools:
Departments and Offices: